Operations Manager / Business Manager
Pharmica is a market leader in providing healthcare to patients across the UK via our innovative website. We employ a range of healthcare and technology experts. Our ethos is that by providing cutting-edge technology to automate and innovate we can deliver a safer, more affordable healthcare experience.
Our bright and friendly offices, with spectacular views of the city, are based in Central London (WC1X) - within walking distance from various underground and train stations such as Russell Square, Chancery Lane, Kings Cross, and Farringdon.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly organised Operations / Business / Project Manager to join a fast-paced company during a crucial growth period. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of company operations and the successful delivery of new projects and business negotiations. This is an exciting and challenging role that will require a hands-on approach to oversee our company's operations, inventory management, and business activities.
Why the large salary scale?... We are happy to consider candidates, with limited experience who show demonstrate great potential, with the intention of nurturing and developing their skills internally. Alternatively, we would also be pleased to welcome someone with substantial experience who can immediately contribute effectively to our teams.
Include but not limited to:
- Operational Management: Oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the business to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Inventory Management and Stock Procurement: Manage the entire lifecycle of stock procurement, from identifying and evaluating potential suppliers to negotiating contracts and ensuring timely delivery of inventory.
- Supplier Negotiations: Develop strong relationships with suppliers and negotiate contracts to ensure the best possible terms for the company. This will include cost, delivery timelines, and quality of products.
- Business Strategy: Assist in the development and implementation of strategic business plans to support company growth and profitability objectives.
- Financial Oversight: Monitor financial activities, prepare budgets, and ensure the company operates within set financial parameters.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team to ensure delivery of operational and business objectives.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Proven experience in an operations/business management role with a focus on stock procurement and negotiations
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
- A highly organised individual who is confident and comfortable multi-tasking and working across multiple departments/disciplines
- Solid understanding of financial management principles and business operations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning abilities and confidence overseeing project management from start to finish
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English (the role will require you to communicate with key stakeholders and senior external partners)
What's in it for you:
- The chance to take on a senior role in a fast-growing business and work closely with the company management to shape the future of the business with huge room for growth
- The ability to work across multiple departments and gain substantial experience
- The opportunity to shape company priorities and initiate new projects and initiatives that you believe will have a significant positive impact on the business
If you are a strategic thinker with a knack for negotiation and a keen eye for detail, we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a senior role in our company where you can make a real impact.
We welcome fresh new ideas and support free thinking in all our workers. If you feel that you are suited to the role and you want to progress quickly in this independent company, then contact us with a cover letter and a copy of your CV. No agencies!
£30,000.00 - £50,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
Operations management: 1 year (Preferred)
How to apply
If you believe you are well suited for this role and are interested in joining one of the fastest-growing online pharmacies in the UK - send us your CV and a brief summary of why you think the role is for you.