What are Hypromellose eye drops and when are they used?
Hypromellose Eye Drops are specially formulated to alleviate itching, redness and soreness caused by dry eyes. They’re perfect for patients who are suffering with everyday dryness and irritation in their eyes.
What causes dry eyes?
Dry eyes can have many causes, and are experienced by most people at some point in their lives. The condition is usually not serious and generally will treat itself on its own, however if you suffer from dry eyes regularly then you may choose to use eye drops to relieve the symptoms. The most common causes include:
- Extended computer screen use
- Climate controlled environments (e.g. aeroplanes)
How do I use this treatment?
To use Hypromellose eye drops, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly
- Remove the bottle cap and tilt your head back
- With one hand, gently pull the lower eyelid of the affected eye down
- Using the other hand, gently squeeze one drop from the bottle into the eye
- Close the eye and hold your fingertip at the inside corner of the closed eye
- Hold your eye closed for one minute
For best results, use one to two Hypromellose eye drops, three times per day.
When should Hypromellose eye drops not be used?
This product should not be used if you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. It should not be used if you wear soft contact lenses. If you develop an eye infection you should not continue to use Hypromellose eye drops.
How should I store Hypromellose eye drops?
Hypromellose eye drops should be stored in a dry, cool environment that does not exceed 25°C.
Always read the patient information leaflet before commencing treatment.