Buy Aldara Cream Online
What is Aldara 5% cream?
Aldara is a topical prescription cream containing the active ingredient imiquimod, which is used to treat genital and anal warts. Genital warts are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). Aldara cream helps to support the body’s immune system to fight HPV and clear genital warts.
How does Aldara cream treat genital warts?
Aldara 5% cream contains the active ingredient imiquimod which is an immune response modifier (IRM). It stimulates the body’s immune system to activate it’s natural defence mechanisms to help eradicate HPV and genital warts. Aldara cream contains imiquimod (the active ingredient) at a concentration of 12.5mg in 250mg cream.
What are the benefits of Aldara cream in treating genital warts?
Following correct use, Aldara cream can offer highly effective results in the treatment of genital warts. The benefits of using Aldara cream are evident:
- Genital warts can be cleared in a matter of weeks.
- Can quickly reduce the pain and discomfort associated with genital warts.
- The active ingredient Imiquimod is regarded as a first-line treatment to treat genital warts.
- Aldara cream can be applied easily and be left overnight; offering excellent practicality.
How do I apply Aldara cream?
- Before going to bed, wash and dry the application area.
- Open a Aldara cream sachet and squeeze some Aldara cream onto your fingertip. One sachet contains enough cream to cover an area of 20 cm2 or approximately 3 square inches.
- Apply a thin layer of Aldara cream to the affected area, gently rub until the cream has soaked in.
- Following application, throw the sachet away and wash your hands thoroughly.
- After 6-10 hours, wash the application area with warm, soapy water.
How often do I apply Aldara Cream?
Apply Aldara cream 3 times each week (e.g. Monday, Wednesday and Friday). The cream must be rubbed in and left for 6-10 hours. It is recommended to apply Aldara cream before going to bed to allow sufficient time to pass. Although warts may disappear in as little as 4 weeks, treatment typically lasts for 8-12 weeks. Do not exceed 16 weeks of continued use.
How do I store Aldara Cream?
Aldara cream should be stored below 25 degrees celsius and kept out of the reach of children at all times. The sachets should not be re-used once opened. Do not use Aldara cream after the expiration date which can be found on the label.
What else should I know about using Aldara cream?
- Avoid getting Aldara cream on open cuts or wounds.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after use of Aldara cream.
- Avoid unprotected sexual contact following Aldara cream application to avoid an irritation effect experienced by the partner.
- Inflammation may occur following a few applications of Aldara cream.
- Make sure you have read and understand the patient information leaflet before use of Aldara cream.
What are the alternatives to Aldara cream?
Warticon cream is an alternative treatment to Aldara cream. Warticon cream works in a slightly different way to Aldara cream; the antiviral active ingredient podophyllotoxin works to kill the HPV and with continued use, eradicate the genital warts.
How does the efficacy of Aldara compare to Warticon cream and solution?
The active ingredient in Aldara cream is imiquimod 5% and the active ingredient in Wartion it is podophyllotoxin (0.15% cream and 0.5% solution). Research indicates that the efficacy of imiquimod 5% and podophyllotoxin 0.5% solution are almost identical and equally beneficial in the treatment of genital warts. However, podophyllotoxin is reported to work faster (works in 4 weeks) compared to imiquimod (takes up to 16 weeks to work), however, imiquimod is suggested to be more effective at preventing long term recurrence of genital warts due to its immune response mode of action.
Research also reports that despite the lower concentration and marginally lower efficacy, podophyllotoxin 0.15% cream has a very similar efficacy to the 0.5% solution and may offer easier application and better tolerability. In summary, both Aldara cream and Warticon solution have the highest level of efficacy, however, Warticon cream has a very similar level of efficacy and is considered a suitable alternative.
How does Aldara cream differ to Warticon cream and solution?
- Aldara cream is typically more expensive than Warticon treatments.
- Aldara cream is an immune response modifier, whereas, Warticon contains the active ingredient podophyllotoxin.
- Aldara cream may be more effective at preventing the recurrence of an outbreak in the long term compared to Warticon.
- Aldara cream may take longer to work (takes up to 16 weeks to work) than Warticon (takes up to 4 weeks to work).