What is Nurofen migraine and when is it used?
Nurofen max strength migraine caplets provide fast and effective relief from migraines and headaches. The active ingredient is Ibuprofen Lysine, which is known as a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Can I buy Nurofen migraine over the counter?
Nurofen max strength migraine caplets can be purchased over the counter in some quantities. A pharmacist will ask some eligibility questions to make sure the medication is suitable for you.
What is a migraine?
Migraines are headaches that cause mild to severe pain. They usually develop in adolescence, and affect a large number of people. It’s estimated that one in five women and one in fifteen men experience migraines.
There are generally three types of migraine people experience:
- Migraine with an aura - Some patients experience specific warning signs before a migraine starts, known as an aura.
- Migraine without an aura - The most common type of migraine, where a patient experiences a migraine with no prior warning.
- Migraine aura without a headache - Also known as a ‘silent migraine’, this is where a patient experiences a migraine aura without having the following headache.
What is the recommended dosage of this treatment?
Nurofen max strength migraine caplets are only for short term use, and should only be taken as an immediate remedy, not a preventative measure.
The recommended dose is one tablet, up to three times per day as required.
- Do not take another tablet within four hours of the last dose.
- Do not take more than three tablets in a 24 hour period.
When should Nurofen migraine not be used?
Do not use Nurofen migraine if you:
- Are allergic to ibuprofen
- Are allergic to any other painkiller
- Are currently taking any other painkillers
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure or a blood coagulation disorder
- Are under 12 years of age
- In last 3 months of pregnancy
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking Nurofen migraine if you:
- Have asthma
- Have a liver, kidney or bowel problem
- Have a high cholesterol level, or history of heart problems
- Regularly smoke
- Are pregnant
- Have, or have a history of, any gastrointestinal disease
How should I store Nurofen migraine?
Nurofen Migraine should be stored in a dry, cool environment that does not exceed 25°C.
Always read the patient information leaflet before commencing treatment.