What is Senokot and when is it used?
Senokot contains the natural ingredient Senna to help ease constipation. It is ideal for patients who want to relieve constipation symptoms quickly, with natural ingredients.
Who are Senokot Tablets suitable for?
Senokot is suitable for patients who are suffering from constipation and are over the age of 12.
What causes Constipation?
Constipation has a wide range of causes, and sometimes the cause is not immediately obvious.
Common causes include:
- Not eating enough fibre
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Not exercising enough
- A medicinal side effect
- Anxiety, stress or depression
What is the recommended dosage of this treatment?
One to two tablets should be taken at night before you go to bed. It’s recommended to only take one tablet if this is your first time taking Senokot, and increase the dosage to two if necessary. If the constipation still persists after 2 weeks, stop taking Senokot and consult your GP.
When should Senokotnot not be used?
Senokot is not suitable for patients:
- Under the age of 12 (unless advised by a medical professional)
- With any allergy to senna or any other ingredients in the product
- Who have bowel, stomach, heart or kidney problems
- Who are already taking another laxative
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
How should I store Senokot?
Senokot should be stored in a dry, cool environment that does not exceed 25°C.
Always read the patient information leaflet before commencing treatment.